This is not Rachel, your favorite blogger. Wait, what? Let me introduce myself!
My name is Madeline and I’ve been a self-proclaimed foodie for as long as I can remember! Not-so-coincidentally, I’m a few semesters away from obtaining my bachelor’s in nutrition, and I’m on the path to study medicine, my other beloved passion.
My own blog is dedicated to eating my way through college, along with my healthy hacks I discover along my journey to get to medical school. I truly believe that food, medicine, and a well-balanced lifestyle leads to the best quality of overall health.
Before I speak any more about myself, can we take a second to appreciate Rach’s summer fashion, and her exciting news of starting nursing school this fall? Can I get a woo woo? She’s going to be the most compassionate, spirited, and dedicated nurse. I could not be more excited for her. It is such a beautiful thing when passions are discovered, pursued, and achieved.
BUT, before we all start back into the routine of learning and growing into the people we’re becoming, Rach has asked me to guest-blog a dessert that screams summer, but doesn’t make regret your decision. How is this accomplished? Seasonal fruit of course!
Peaches are in season as the summer comes to an end, and in purchasing produce that is in season will not only save you money, but it will give you the best quality of that produce. It is one of my best tips to eat well on a student budget. Let’s get started!
*recipe is gluten-free, and dairy-free*
- 1-2 ripe peaches cut in half, pit removes
- 1 tbsp nut butter of choice
- drizzle of honey
- coconut whipped cream
- Spray cooking oil (I used coconut) on each half of the peaches
- Heat the grill to medium heat
- Place each peach half on the grill face down for 5-7 minutes or until visible grill marks are present.
- Flip the peaches over and cook on skin side for about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove peaches from grill
- Top with nut butter, nuts, granola, honey, cinnamon, and coconut whipped cream!
- Eat all of it (or share it with someone you really love) without any regrets.
Enjoy the rest of your glorious summer and relish in the beautiful sunrises and sunsets before they’re gone! For more recipes and my guidance on a healthy, happy lifestyle, head to my blog!
Thanks for reading and of course, HAPPY EATING!