Summer is finally here in North Dakota and I couldn’t be more excited to take in every minute of the long hot summer days. Summers in North Dakota/Minnesota mean weekends spent at the lake in or on the water, road trips, lots of bonfires (with, of course s’mores), going to the drive-in movie theatre, and all the fun outdoor activities you can squeeze in. I hope you enjoy my summer must-haves and you find it helpful for whatever is on your agenda for the season.
- A fun and cute pair of sunnies– I seem to always go for Ray-Bans because they’re cute and they have a variety of styles that you can rock
- A swimsuit with some color- I have been obsessed with swimsuit shopping lately and asos has the best options.
- A good book– I have probably a dozen books I want to read but right now I’m finishing up The Magnolia Story by Chip and Joanna Gaines. I think they are just about the cutest people ever and their story is even more cute.
- SUNSCREEN- We all want the bronze glow but it’s so important to take care of your skin and protect it. You can always find a self tanner if you really wanted to be golden and stay away from the sun’s harmful rays.
- An on-the-go-bag– I talked about my favorite bag in one of my last blog posts but I just can’t get enough of my Longchamp bag. It’s big and holds everything I need for a day out and about running errands.
- A cute sundress– Dresses are my go-to in the summer because they are so light and airy for those hot summer days
- A pair of stylish sandals– Birkenstocks are great or a cute pair of slides like this pair from Zara that I can’t stop wearing.
- Statement accessories– I am still obsessing over bandana scarfs so that is my go-to accessory for the summer. But I also hopped on the choker necklace bandwagon. Anthropologie and Bauble bar have great statement necklaces and earrings to pair with your perfect summer look.
- A bright nail polish– I am in love with this purple from OPI and can’t get enough of it.
- WATER– As cliché as it is, water is a must for those long hot summer days. Get a cute s’well water bottle that will keep your drink cold all day long. They’re worth the pretty penny!
These are just a few of the things I love to have on hand for the summer but this isn’t everything. It’s going to be a busy summer but I am so excited to take advantage of the sun and warmth!
“For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight to see how firm your faith in Christ is”- Colossians 2:5