Just last week, a few of my friends and I decided to head out on our first European adventure. While looking into where we wanted to go first, we noticed that Copenhagen was the cheapest and it was also on my list of places I wanted to travel to. Before leaving for Norway, Sydney told me to make a list of the top 9-10 places I wanted to travel while I was here. She said that I would have time for about that many trips.
This is my original list (not in any specific order):
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- London, England
- Dublin, Ireland
- Berlin, Germany
- Rome, Italy
- Warsaw, Poland
- Stockholm, Sweden
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Zurich, Switzerland
Since getting here, looking at prices and figuring out what would work best for us, this list has changed a little. While traveling anywhere in Europe is so much cheaper than flying from Grand Forks to Denver, I’m still a college student on a budget and have to take that into consideration. For example, I have taken Zurich off of my list for this semester because it is a little out of my price range to fly there (roughly $300).
Let me share with you what I have planned so far for the next few months in case you were curious 🙂 …
- My mom will be coming this week and we plan to do a lot! We will be doing lots of traveling in Norway which will be exciting. We will go to Trondheim, where our ancestors lived years ago. Then we will spend a few days in London gushing over Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, etc… We actually will be staying on Abbey road where the notorious Beatles album cover was shot. I have to say, London is one of the trips I am most excited for! I am very interested in the royal family, the history of England, and platform 9 3/4 😉
- After my mom leaves, a week later I will be meeting Sydney in Amsterdam to spend a few days there. This means the Anne Frank house, which I have been waiting to see since I was little.
- After Amsterdam, we’ll head back to Bergen for a few days and then back to Trondheim again to see Elin and hang out with her.
- The first week of November we are heading to Helsinki, Finland to stay with my friends family friend. While we are there we are going to Estonia for a day on a little boat tour. Helsinki was not on my original list but I am very excited to go! Plus we will get to cross off two countries in one trip!
- Since Thanksgiving isn’t a thing here… I thought it would still be fun to celebrate! So I am going to Dublin, Ireland to stay with a great family friend, Mollie. She so kindly invited me to come stay with her and do a little celebration. She doesn’t live in Dublin but I will fly into there and then take a bus/taxi to get to her town. Another very exciting trip.
We are still in the midst of planning some other trips for the end of October and the middle of November but this is what we have planned so far. But until then, we get to enjoy a fun fjord cruise tomorrow.
Keeping busy with traveling has helped from missing home. There is so much to see and so much to be excited about. Still trying to take in every moment I am here because I can already feel how fast my time is going here.
“And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus”- Philiphhians 4:19