I have been meaning to do one of these fun post for some time now and finally sat down to do it. For the past year I have been working at a coffee shop in Grand Forks formerly called The Coffee Company and just recently it switched over to Bully Brew Coffee Company.
Before I started working there, I had just one job and that was as a CNA at the hospital. I love that job and its great experience for the future but I wanted to have a fun job that wasn’t so similar to what I will be doing in the future. And so I decided I wanted to be a barista!
I wanted to share with you the reasons why I love this fun job and tell you about the person that is making your coffee.
- You get to meet great people with some of the coolest stories ever.
- It’s fun to memorize the “regulars” drink order so when you see them coming, its all ready for them.
- If you’re not a morning person and have to work the early mornings, thats okay! There is copious amounts of coffee to wake you up.
- If you’re as lucky as we are, you get to have the best baker ever who makes amazing food.
- And with that, there is always delicious treats and sandwiches to munch on.
- If you’re scared of the little things of creamer set out for you, don’t be afraid to ask us for the good stuff. We know how important your coffee is.
- You learn all the coffee lingo like whats the difference between light roast and dark roast, what a latte is compared to a cappuccino, and that espresso is not pronounced “expresso”.
- People can be VERY particular about their drink order so make sure to pay attention. And if we mess up your order, its probably because we’ve crashed from our own caffeine high 😉
- You get to feed addicted people their choice of drug… caffeine. 🙂
- College students love you because you help them conquer that huge work load… and you help them on those long nights.
- Pouring cream into a cold americano or cold brew looks so cool! 🙂
- Tips are not expected but totally appreciated… especially if you order a blended drink 😉
- And if you’re as lucky as I am, you get to work with some pretty amazing people that make laughing a work something that happens daily.
I could go on for quit awhile about all the things that I have learned while working at a coffee shop, but I just wanted to share the ones that I love. I hope you enjoyed this fun little blog and think about all of these points the next time you are at a coffee shop.
“Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love”- Ephesians 4:2